This year it happened in our office. Our frost free hose bib burst. We thought we had made it through the winter unscathed and then….
- Wet spring/summer had us not using our outside hosebib to water any of our shrubs. By mid-June we still had not turned the water on outside.
- We began renovations in one of our buildings. This caused excess dust and we called our HVAC contractor out to change/clean the air filters.
- The technician used the outside hosebib to wash one of the filters.
- Water flooded the interior closet housing some of our computer wiring.
We filed a claim with our insurance carrier! Luckily we Shine during the claims process and this time was no different.
- Our computers were down for 20 minutes.
- Mitigation and Restoration company arrived within 30 minutes.
- Our plumber was here already fixing a clogged toilet issue. (Lucky)
- The claim number was assigned, adjustor contacted us, a scope of work, with two alternating bids, were submitted and a check was cut.
Final step, minimizing the risk of future claims. In an effort to help us, and you, and your homeowners please send a simple reminder asking them to take these steps to avoid frozen exterior pipes.
Thanks for reading and sharing.