Summer is the perfect time to brush up on painting projects in your home. While paint can beautify a room, it can also be harmful to your health. Stay safe while painting this summer with the following tips:
- Test for lead with a lead-testing kit – especially if your home was built before 1978.
- Wear a respirator, and open windows and doors to ventilate the room.
- Wear protective gloves and clothing.
- Cover all exposed outlets with painter's tape.
- Inspect your ladder's integrity before use, if applicable. Make sure to always have at least three body parts in contact with the ladder at all times.
- Store paint by replacing the lid firmly and storing the can upside down to block air entry.
Thanks for reading.