Autism awareness is 365 days a year. On April 2nd the world will light it up blue for autism awareness.
In the experience of one autistic child – this is what autism means to him:
- Breakfast is a punishment
- Socks hurt
- Schedules are essential
- There is no maybe – you either do it or you don't
- If you aren't going to do it – don't bring it up
- The school bus driver is the coolest guy EVER
- Coins are to be collected and never spent
- Smiles are rare
- Babies and dogs are good
- Food cannot touch on the plate
This is the life of ONE child with autism. Each individual is unique and wonderful and quirky in their own way. Please help light it up blue on April 2nd and make sure that all people with autism know – as a community – we are aware and ready to accept autism in all of its forms.