Cargo theft is a huge risk for those in the transportation industry. Per FBI reports, cargo theft in the united states is a $30 billion dollar a year business. It is important for our insureds to take some standard protections against cargo theft. Traveler's list these 6 tips to protect cargo:
1. Use high security locks while cargo is staged.
2. Communicate consistently with dispatch.
3. Keep cargo moving – cargo at rest is cargo at risk
4. Know where thefts are occurring
5. Park in secure locations
6. Use covert tracking devices.
Click here to read more information from Traveler's on keeping cargo safe.
Thanks for reading. What security measures are you taking?