It took Congress 28 years to produce a long-term transportation bill and they have named it the FAST Act – Fixing America’s Surface Transportation Act.
Points of interest in the ACT:
- Approximately $300 Billion dollars of funding over Five years
- Trucking Companies safety scores will remain private
- The driving age to drive trucks and busses across state lines will not be lowered
- State and Local municipalities will get an increase in funding for highway improvements
For more information:
- FAST ACT Summary
- FAST ACT Bill – 1301 pages
- Joint Explanatory Statement of the Committee of the Conference
Next step is for Congress to approve the bill as written and send to the President for signing. We will keep you posted.