When winter weather strikes, it’s important to take necessary vehicle precautions.
It is important to have an emergency kit in your car at all times, especially during the winter season. Check to be sure you have the following items in each vehicle your family drives:
- Water and snacks
- Windshield scraper
- Tow chain or rope
- Any required medication
- A shovel
- Extra scarves/mittens/socks
It can be tempting to procrastinate on the maintenance of your vehicles, but keeping your maintenance up to date can save you from being broken down in the cold weather!
- Check your antifreeze levels
- Replace your tires when the tread runs low
- Have your exhaust system checked for leaks and cracks – these can lead to deadly carbon monoxide poisoning
- Replace your headlights immediately when they go out
- Add windshield washer fluid before you get too low
Thanks for reading!