It is extremely important for all drivers to stay focused on road signs and markings during their travels. This is especially important for professional drivers who spend long hours driving each day.
There are multiple factors that must line up for drivers to successfully monitor and understand road signs.
- Visibility – If you need assistance to your vision, remember to wear your contacts or glasses for clarity on the road.
- Windshield Care – Remember to clean your windshield as well as the windows in your vehicle to ensure you can see through them clearly before beginning your drive.
- Headlights – Headlights can greatly enhance the clarity of the road and any signs or markings. Be sure to check your headlights often and replace them immediately when they go out.
- Limit Distractions – Focus on driving and not on your phone, the radio, or any other distraction that may cause you to look away from the road for a few moments. It only takes a moment to miss a very important sign, or another vehicle on the road!
- Understanding the Signs – Refresh your memory by studying the Carolina Casualty picture above to understand what the signs on the road are communicating to you.
Thanks for reading – drive safely!