As Electronic Logging Devices become more prevalent, and soon mandatory for some, is your business opening up to additional risk?
The information gathered from an electronic logging device is as vulnerable as the other data collected and used on your computer or smart phone. If you use a computer or a smart phone then you are at risk. With any risk, there are a few good ways to minimize these threats:
- All passwords should have a mix of capitalized and lowercase letters – as well as numbers, symbols and other special characters.
- Don't write down your passwords.
- Don't open emails from unknown sources.
- Update your software. Often updates are imposed to fix known issues in the security.
- Have your agent review your insurance policy and make sure that cyber breach is covered.
Thanks for reading. Call us today at 410-835-2000 if you need more information on cyber security.