It is not just the Department of Labor that can cause havoc on your bottom line over wage & hour disputes. Sometimes employees will dispute and file lawsuits causing you to take more time away from your business. Minimizing exposure to wage & hour dispute claims with these few tips:
- Maintain Job Descriptions and Time Records
- Maintain clear policy manual and be consistent in implementation
- Train managers to handle any personnel issues.
- Do not pay employees cash. EVER
- Make sure that pay stubs contain specific detail about the workers wage and time frame worked.
At Deeley Insurance Group we will happily review your employment liability exposures and discuss possible ways to minimize risk. Give us a call 410-835-2000 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for reading.