The big game is Sunday, which means it time for parties with family and friends! Make sure your Super Bowl viewing party team is playing it safe while enjoying the game.
Game Day Food Safety Tips from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Keep it clean – your hands, cutting boards, dishes, utensils, and counter tops.
- Hosts should provide plastic cups and provide a way for people to identify their drinks to avoid spreading germs.
- Cook it well – be sure you cook food to the right temperature.
- Keep it safe – keep hot foods hot and cold foods cold.
- Watch the time – always follow recommended cooking and standing times.
- Avoid mix-ups – separate raw meats and ready-to-eat foods.
- Give every dish a utensil for serving. This allows people to spoon out their portion instead of reaching in with their hands.
- Store and reheat – divide and refrigerate leftovers right away
Don’t Drink and Drive – Check out safety information from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Provide guest with non-alcoholic beverage options.
- If a friend or family member is impaired by alcohol or drugs and planning to drive, take their keys and help them make other arrangements to get home safely. Don’t worry about offending someone—they’ll thank you later.
- Be alert and distraction-free, and if you see an impaired driver, call 911 as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Buckle up. Wearing your seat belt is your best defense against an impaired driver.