Sun exposure can have a profound effect on your skin. From premature skin aging to potentially deadly melanoma, there are more than enough reasons to protect yourself from the sun’s harmful rays.
Here are some tips for reducing dangerous sun exposure:
- Stay out of the sun between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. when the sun is strongest.
- Wear clothes with tightly woven fabric and a hat that shades your face, neck and ears.
- Wear sunglasses whenever you are in the sun.
- Always use sunscreen that is at least SPF 15. Also use a lip balm that offers equal protection.
- Avoid using tanning beds. They are just as damaging as the sun.
Protect your children. Most sun exposure occurs before age 18.
Thanks for reading!