There's something special about Small Business Saturday, especially in our local area. From cute storefronts in Berlin to boutiques in Ocean City, we have an abundance of family-run businesses to meet our holiday shopping needs this season!
Why shop small?
1. Our local communities will thrive when we invest in local businesses – the money you spend at local shops is more likely to stay in your community, leading to a flourishing local economy.
2. Small businesses are friendly! Oftentimes you will meet the owner while shopping locally – this is a great opportunity to network and meet new friends!
3. Many shops offer local specials – be on the look out for specials and deals targeted directly at locals like yourself to save some money this holiday season.
4. Local businesses give back to the local community – not only does much of the money spent in small businesses remain in the local community (see #1), but these organizations have a record of giving back to the community through service projects and donations to charities.
5. Helpful employees can be found in these businesses – you can gain a more personal shopping experience by shopping small this season. Need an option on which shoes to choose? Look no further than the local store attendant.
Thanks for reading!