September is recognized as National Preparedness Month (NPM). It is an important reminder that we all must prepare ourselves and our families now and throughout the year! This year’s NPM theme is: Disasters Happen. Prepare Now. Learn How. #PrepareNow
Check Your Insurance Coverage
- Insurance is the first line of defense; check your insurance coverage for the hazards you may face, such as flood, earthquakes, and tornados.
- Flood Insurance allows communities and families to recover more quickly and more fully. Contact us today to learn more about flood insurance and how to protect your home or business.
Make and Practice Your Plan
- Make an Emergency Plan.
- Sign up for alerts and warnings in your area.
- Learn your evacuation zone and have an evacuation plan.
Learn Life Saving Skills
- Take time to learn lifesaving skills − such as CPR and first aid
- Know basic home maintenance to protect your family and home. Learn how to mitigate your home against flood damage, or protect against the impacts of earthquakes.
- Learn how to turn off utilities like natural gas in your home.
- Put smoke alarms on every level of your home, test them monthly, and replace them when they are 10 years old.
- Know the ways to keep your home safe from cooking, heating & electrical fires.
Save for an Emergency
- Plan financially for the possibility of disaster.
- Complete an Emergency Financial First Aid Kit (EFFAK)
- Maintain emergency savings for use in case of an emergency
CNA provides us with valuable resources for Disaster Preparation and Recovery. Be sure to prepare in advance to help yourself and your community! To save the PDF version, please download here.
- Cold Weather Prep Checklist
- Flood Prep Checklist
- Flood Prep Guide
- Hail Prep Guide
- Hurricane Prep Checklist
- Hurricane Prep Guide
- Quick Prep Guide for Your Employees
- Wildfires: Reduce the Risk to your Business