The annual Roadcheck safety inspection has arrived once again. This includes driver logs, equipment and various other detail relating to safe operation of commercial trucks. Roadcheck 2013 will run from June 4-6, according to the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance’s (CVSA) calendar.
To best prepare for a smooth and successful inspection this year, it’s good to review general data from Roadcheck 2012, as well as your own personal records. Here are some important statistics from last year’s inspections:
- 70,000+ inspections were conducted
- Approximately 21% of inspected vehicles were placed out-of-service
- The driver out-of-service rate was nearly 5 percent
Some of the most common violations during regular 2012 roadside inspections were:
- Operating Vehicle Not Having The Required Operable Lamps
- No/Defective Lighting Devices/Reflective Devices/Projected
These are relatively easy to avoid, and can prove quite costly if left unchecked. For more information, contact Gary Waldych at email@example.com.