Take simple precautions to prevent a cargo theft from happening to your load!
- Stay alert at unsecured locations such as truck-stops, warehouses, and parking lots.
- Park near bright lights or secured yards with security staff.
- Stay aware of those around you – most thefts occur during the week of the New Year!
- Use technology such as shipment tracking and security seals.
- Avoid stopping in the “red zone” – the first 200 miles from your starting point.
- Provide security training for transportation employees.
Thanks for reading!