On March 22, 2017 the Ocean City Hotel Motel Restaurant Association hosted a Terrorism Awareness Session for businesses in Ocean City and Surrounding Areas.
James M. Schwartz who is a Task Force Officer in the Joint Terrorism Task Force with the FBI presented information to many local businesses on what to look out for and potential warning signs.
Several local businesses have security measures and responses that are outlined and trained on that are not shared with the public.
Each individual can also do their part by reporting any concerns or reporting disturbing behaviors. The individual is the first line of defense and you should report any suspicious activities to your supervisor, human resource director or local law enforcement.
Homeland Security lists these Potential Warning signs or behaviors:
· Increasingly erratic, unsafe, or aggressive behaviors.
· Hostile feelings of injustice or perceived wrongdoing.
· Drug and alcohol abuse.
· Marginalization or distancing from friends and colleagues.
· Changes in performance at work.
· Sudden and dramatic changes in home life or in personality.
· Financial difficulties.
· Pending civil or criminal litigation.
· Observable grievances with threats and plans of retribution.
Thanks for reading. Be alert.