Effective Jan. 1, 2015, OSHA requires employers to report any work-related employee fatality within eight hours and inpatient hospitalization, amputation
or loss of an eye within 24 hours.
Employers have three options for reporting these severe incidents to OSHA. You can call the nearest area office during normal business hours, call the
24-hour OSHA hotline at 1-800-321-OSHA (1-800-321-6742) or report online.
A report must include:
- The employer’s name
- The location of the reportable event
- The time of the reportable event
- The type of reportable event (fatality, hospitalization, amputation, loss of an eye)
- The number of employees affected by a reportable event
- The names of all employees affected by a reportable event
- The employer’s contact person and his or her phone number
- A brief description of the work-related incident
Thanks for reading.