I recently purchased a vehicle that has some pretty cool features. I no longer have to keep my foot on the brake at a stop light – I just press a button! When I weave slightly out of my lane, the steering wheel shakes. My cruise control senses a car in front of me and slows down my speed if it is too high. The passenger side airbags are only on when my teenage son sits in the seat. I am sure there are other things that your car can do – do you know all your features and what they mean? If not check out this great site mycardoeswhat.org
Then remember some really simple tips from the National Safety Council:
- Be Distraction-Free! – Put the phones down
- Avoid Impairment – Don't drink or do drugs and drive
- Check Your Speed – Slow Down!
- Rest Up – Get some sleep.
- Help Teens – Keep driving with your teens after they have gotten their license and give safety reminders!
- Help Children – Keep them buckled up safely.
As you head out for your summer road trips, make sure you use precautions and reminders to stay safe this summer!