It's that time of year again – when you make a fantastic new resolution for the new year. You're enthusiastic about your new goals, and you'll do just about anything to keep up your new regiment to get you to your goal! But then the second week of January comes, and you realize that winter is going to be long and you decide to curl up with some hot chocolate and binge watch Netflix. The exercise and dieting has stopped and we resolve to begin again in 2018.
Unless…you have some great tips to keep you on track throughout the year!
- Be realistic – If your resolution is to become healthier, resolve to exercise three or four times a week. This is much more realistic than resolving to exercise EVERY day of the year.
- Get an accountability buddy – You don't have to share the same resolution, (though that would certainly help!) but share your goals with a trusted friend who will motivate you to stay on track.
- Track your progress – It's encouraging to get to check off that you managed to save your goal amount of money in a week! Keep track of how you are progressing and look back on successful weeks when you're in a slump.
- Keep a journal – Record your successes and struggles. Then look back to see what caused you to stumble off your path and avoid those things. Record your feelings of accomplishment and encouragement and read over them when you are tempted to give up.
- Realize you're human – You won't have a perfect year. Some months you'll be much more on track than others – and that is OKAY. Keep moving, keep trying, and don't beat yourself up.
Thanks for reading!