This date will not go down in history – why? Deeley Insurance Group is ready for these changes!
We are working diligently to implement a review of each and every flood policy that we write in Ocean City and Worcester County.
As a large portion of Ocean City is mapping in to new zones some businesses and homeowners will have the option to discontinue flood insurance coverage.
The following are a few great reasons why every home and business should consider flood insurance even if you are in a low risk flood zone.
- Ocean City remains a barrier island surrounded by water and lots of it.
- The Mayor and Council of Ocean City are urging residents to continue to purchase flood insurance.
- Over a 30 year mortgage you have a 26% chance of damage from a flood and a 9% chance of damage from fire.
- 20% of claims filed through the National Flood Insurance Program occur in a low risk flood plain.
- Floods can happen anywhere.
- Most property and homeowner policies do not offer any coverage against a flood.
- Check out Mary’s story – A look at the destruction caused by Hurricane Irene https://www.floodsmart.gov/floodsmart/pages/videos/video_index.jsp
Have you experienced a flood in your home and property? Have you seen some of the big storms that have rolled through Ocean City causing damages?
Thanks for reading. Please share your flood story with us.