I am very familiar with the rumble strips. My attention span kinda of stinks. Multitasking has its place, but it is not while I am driving.
I very much want to be an attentive driver. I want to be that so that I can set a good example for my son who is 13.
Still the pledge through the National Safety Council is pretty detailed. NO phone conversations at all! NO voice to text! Can I do it? Can you?
This is the pledge :
I pledge to Take Back My Drive for my own safety and for others with whom I share the roads. I choose to not drive distracted in any way – I will not:
- Have a phone conversation – handheld, hands-free, or via Bluetooth
- Text or send Snapchats
- Use voice-to-text features in my vehicle’s dashboard system
- Update Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo, Vine or other social media
- Check or send emails
- Take selfies or film videos
- Input destinations into GPS (while the vehicle is in motion)
- Call or message someone else when I know they are driving
Click here to take the pledge and dedicate to someone you care about. Who would you take the pledge for?
Thanks for reading.