Hurricane season started on June 1 and runs through November 30. Hurricane preparedness does not end at home. CNA points out that an often over-looked segment of hurricane safety is the workplace and shares 6 proactive steps to take in order to prepare for unpredictable storms and other disasters:
- Establish or review an Emergency Action Plan that considers prevention, emergency response, evacuation criterion, disaster recovery and key personnel.
- Detail communication procedures for staff, vendors and clients. Maintain a current list of key contacts with telephone numbers and addresses. Keep a copy accessible offsite.
- Ensure provisions for alternate remote data transmissions.
- Inspect roofs and flashing to ensure they are in good condition and properly secure.
- Maintain a supply of plastic or tarpaulin to cover water-sensitive equipment.
- Ensure proper working condition for emergency equipment, such as flashlights and battery-powered radios, drills and saws.
Learn more by reading the full article here. Be sure to check out the additional resources section for guides and checklists to help prepare your business, property and employees during hurricane season.