Now that your home is ready for winter (if not, please read Part 1), here are more steps to save money during this chilly season:
- Reverse the direction of your ceiling fans. For winter set fans to move clockwise. The clockwise rotation of the blades allows for warm air to be
brought down from the ceiling area and back in to the living space.
- Put on a sweater. One layer of clothing offers 2 degrees of heat.
- Check your attic insulation. Insects and some small furry animals can get in to the attic space and degrade or even remove the insulation.
- Change the HVAC filter. I know you just changed it last month, but it is important to change it every month.
- Clean your gutters, again. It should be easier this time around and worth the time and investment to make sure they are clear after any blowing storms.
For more energy saving tips log on to the “12 Days of Energy Savings”.
Thanks for reading. Do you have a favorite sweater/fleece/jacket that you have had forever?