With the start of Hanukkah is just around the corner, it's a great time to review these holiday safety tips!
When celebrating, follow these guidelines:
- Be sure to place the menorah on a sturdy, nonflammable surface. (ex: glass, metal, marble)
- Do not place the menorah near or under any flammable materials like curtains, sheets, or books.
- Never leave lit candles unattended.
- Be sure to place candles away from the reach of pets or children who may knock it over.
- Keep dreidels away from young children and pets. They can pose a choking hazard.
The holidays always bring about a lot of delicious food! To keep everyone safe while cooking, read over these simple tips:
- Keep children away from the stove when frying foods.
- When reheating leftovers, be sure to remember that oils in the food can make it extra hot, so be careful when handling!
- If a grease fire begins to grow, use a damp towel to smother the flames. Do NOT use water to try to extinguish the flames.
If you have any other Hanukkah safety tips please comment below!
Thanks for reading, and Happy Hanukkah!