I love the 4th of July. I love a professional fireworks displays on a warm night. I am also pleasently surprised by the professional displays that are hosted by small towns on the Eastern Shore. Here in Willards, MD we are lucky that they host a great show on Sunday, July 3rd. Rain date is on the 5th. If you want to see a perfect example of hometown America, look no further. Willards Elementary School, 36161 Richland Road.
Want to celebrate more? Check out any of these local displays.
- Ocean City: Monday, July 4; Concert and Fireworks on the Beach. Concert at 8 p.m.. followed by fireworks at 9:30 p.m. Downtown on the beach at North Division Street AND uptown at Northside Park on 125th Street. Entertainment: The Reagan Years, downtown and The Janitors, uptown. For more information, call 1-800-626-2326 or 410-250-0125.
- Ocean Pines: Monday, July 4; Celebration 10 a.m.- 2 p.m.. at Veterans Memorial Park featuring music, food, games and prizes. Fireworks at 9:15 p.m.. at Showell Park. Parking and outdoor viewing areas available at Showell Elementary School, The Community Church at Ocean Pines, Most Blessed Sacrament School, The Pavilions and St. John Neumann Church. Bring a chair or blanket. Rain date July 5. For more information call 410-641-7052.
- Bethany Beach: Monday, July 4; Parade begins at noon at the intersection of Pennsylvania Avenue and Garfield Parkway. Fireworks at dusk and are best viewed from the beach or boardwalk
- Cape May-Lewes Ferry: Sunday, July 3, Cruise departs Lewes at 7:15 p.m..; Fireworks will illuminate the skies over the Delaware Bay. Pre purchase tickets is recommended.
- Dewey Beach: Saturday, July 4, Dusk; Fireworks will be set off from a barge in the Rehoboth Bay and will be visible to the Dewey Beach and surrounding area
- Laurel: Monday, July 4, Around 9:15 p.m..; Parade begins downtown at 5 p.m.
- Cambridge: Monday, July 4, Dusk; Choptank River Waterfront; Best viewing spots include Great Marsh Park and Long Wharf Park
- Centreville: Saturday, July 2, Free Family Event at 6 pm fireworks at approximately 9:15 p.m.; across from Queen Anne's County High School
- Chestertown: Monday, July 4, Dusk; Chester River Waterfront. Good viewing spots include The Wilmer Park.
- Hebron: Monday, July 4, 9:30 p.m..; Hebron Carnival Grounds.
- Rehoboth: Sunday July , 9:15 p.m.; The Rehoboth Beach Main Street on the Boardwalk and Shoreline
- Rock Hall: Sunday, July 3, 9 p.m..; Over the harbor.
- Salisbury: Monday, July 4; Arthur W. Perdue Stadium. Following the 6:35 p.m..Delmarva Shorebirds game.
- Salisbury: Monday, July 4; Gates open at 6:30pm, Fireworks at 9:15pm; Red, White and BOOM Fireworks Show at County Stadium across from the Wicomico Civic Center.
- Snow Hill: Saturday July 2, 5:30 p.m..; Food and activities at Sturgis Memorial Park. Fireworks at 9:15.
- St. Michaels: Saturday, July 2, 7-10 p.m..; Fireworks and Big Band Night at the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum. Admission: $12 for non-members and $6 for members. After 8:45 p.m.., admission falls to $2 for those watching the fireworks only. For more information call 410-745-2916.
With all these fabulous displays in the area, please remember to leave fireworks to the professionals. Be Safe.
Thanks for reading.