FEMA has updated its preparation resources to include new CDC pandemic guidance.
- Add new items to your Emergency kit.
- cloth face coverings (for everyone over 2 years old)
- Check your sheltering options. Traditional community shelter locations may not allow as many occupants to comply with gathering and social distancing rules of the state.
- Update your evacuation plan. If you plan to stay with family or friends, make sure they will be able to house you and are not self-quarantining due to illness or vulnerability.
- Know your travel route. Some states are restricting out-of-state visitors while others have self-quarantine requirements for arriving travelers.
- Stay connected. Download the FEMA app, which provides preparedness tips, disaster resources and localized weather alerts.
For all hurricane preparedness resources, please visit ready.gov/hurricanes.