Drones, Quad-copters, UAVs and other unmanned vehicles have recently been struck with loads of regulations and registration woes. AIG has announced something that should be quite beneficial to Drone owners. Starting now, AIG is offering a complete line of Unmanned Aircraft solutions.
Over the past few years, UAVs have been gaining popularity with both Hobbyists and Businesses. It is estimated that in 2015 alone, nearly one million drones will be put into the hands of consumers. As these drones generally cost anywhere between $300 and $2000 each (sometimes doubling when you include the cost of a camera), there is a clear market for coverage options.
The Key Features listed on AIG’s Website are:
- Policy language drafted specifically to respond to the exposure of unmanned aircraft.
- Coverage for aircraft operators, including other non-pilot, on-ground crew
- There is NO exclusion for loss arising from electronic malfunctions and failure of electronic components, accessories and power equipment (Such and exclusion is standard on manned aircraft policies)
- Coverage is flexible, with terms and conditions customizable to individual needs.
- Physical damage to the aircraft itself, along with installed, or carried equipment, and ground control units can be provided.
- Third party liability
- War, Hi-Jacking and Terrorism
With such a wide variety of coverage available, these plans are sure to interest any drone owner.
Source: AIG Aerospace