Commercial use of unmanned aerial vehicles (drones) are now being allowed but the rules are pretty stringent. What I thought was interesting:
1. They call the operators – pilots.
2. A pilot must be 16
3. A pilot must have a remote pilot certificate – or be supervised by someone with a remote pilot certificate
4. TSA will conduct a security background check of all remote pilot applications prior to a certificate being issued.
5. The unarmed aerial vehicle must weight less than 55 pounds.
6. The pilot must have the drone in their line of site at all times.
Want to read the full set of rules? Click here.
Thanks for reading? Will you use a drone for your business?