Cyberattacks are becoming all too frequent. One of our insurance carriers CareFirst has been breached. The company is taking all the necessary steps to
notify their clients and protect personal information.
Information about the breach:
- Occurred on June 19, 2014 and discovered on April 21, 2015.
- Information accessed: name, subscriber ID, email, and date of birth
- Information that remained secure: social security, medical information, claim information, credit card, and financial information.
- Forensic analysis has reviewed the nature of the attack and CareFirst has taken steps to prevent subsequent attacks.
What you as a client of CareFirst need to do:
- Visit www.carefirst.com to reset your user name and password.
Enroll in the 2 year free credit monitoring ProtectMyID now by October 31, 2015 at http://www.carefirstanswers.com/monitoring.html. You will need the correspondence mailed to
you by CareFirst to enroll.
For more information about the cyberattack on CareFirst please log on to www.carefirstanswers.com
Deeley Insurance Group is a proud agent of CareFirst and we are thankful they are taking all necessary steps to protect our clients, friends
and family. If you have concerns not answered by CareFirst please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for reading.