While many construction projects continue marching along during the COVID-19 pandemic, much of the way these projects are administered is transforming with the ever-growing virtual work environment. Just as everyone washes their hands and keeps their distance to protect health and safety, employees and companies alike should continue to take precautionary measures to avoid undue risks to the data in their control.
For employees working remotely, here are examples of steps businesses can take to help make home workspaces, project trailers and personal devices more secure.
- Update, implement and/or review policies on data security and confidentiality
- Utilize encryption when transmitting confidential data
- Clarify personal device etiquette
- Secure home Wi-Fi networks
- Keep watch for phishing schemes
- Vet videoconference services
- Securely dispose of physical documents
For the full Construction Executive article, click here.