The Maryland Insurance Administration encourages residents to be prepared for natural disasters by reviewing and understanding their insurance coverage and by considering the purchase of flood insurance.
Before a Storm Arrives
- Prepare an inventory of your home and be sure you have current information about your homeowners insurance policy. If you are evacuated, be sure to take this information with you. If you need help, use the Maryland Insurance Administration’s inventory list. You can support your inventory with pictures or videos that can be retrieved after a disaster.
- Gather information on your homeowners policy. Have available the following information:
- Insurance company name and contact information;
- Policy number(s);
- Insurance agent’s name and telephone number;
- A copy of the actual policy(ies).