It’s official – we’ve almost made it through the winter! On Sunday, March 12th, it’s time to set our clocks ahead one hour, gain an hour of afternoon sun, and watch the flowers start to bloom. Be sure to switch the time in your vehicle, your alarm clock, your microwave, your watches, and any other time device this weekend. However, that’s not the only thing you should do this weekend. Daylight Saving Time is the perfect reminder to check your emergency supplies each year. After you move your clocks forward, be sure to…
· Replace any expired emergency food
· Check the expiration date on your prescriptions and any necessary emergency medication
· Replace expired batteries
· Test your smoke alarm
· Check the batteries on all of your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms – these should each be tested monthly!
· Replace the backup batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms if your model has this option
Once you have completed all your semi-annual emergency preparation, sit back and enjoy the extra hour of sunshine!