America’s Transportation Infrastructure Act of 2019 provides investments that are crucial to helping keep the transportation industry and economy moving.
The act authorizes $287 billion to maintain and repair the roads and bridges throughout the country.
An additional $10 billion dollars worth of funds go toward climate-focused programs and policies to reduce the carbon pollution.
- $3 billion dollars to reduce carbon emissions from the states.
- $1 billion dollars to support clean cars of the future.
- $370 million to reduce carbon emissions at ports.
- $200 million to reduce highway travel and congestion by supporting transit, carpooling, bike lanes, and sidewalks.
- $5 billion to support the resiliency of roads and bridges from extreme weather and natural disasters.